saw some orang/red on TP

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

saw some orang/red on TP

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 am

Ok, I know I don't have CDiff right now but I'm a bit scared. Saturday I ate a salad and it had red bell peppers in it. Sunday when I pooped there were small bits of reddish orange stuff on the TP but when it smeared it looked more red but I didn't think much of it since I had the peppers the day before. Sunday night I had some Sirloin Burger soup which had carrots and tomato purée in it. This morning (Tuesday) I saw an orange smudge that looked like a carrot but I wiped thru it with another piece of TP and it looked reddish like on Sunday. I know you aren't doctor's but I'm hoping this is just food and not blood. Anybody else ever have anything like this??? I did have a normal colonscopy a little over a year ago and a normal CT scan two weeks ago. Sorry, CDiff turned me into a worry wort!!
Edit: I have been eating some strawberry Twizzler Candy the last few days. Maybe that's part of the red stuff?

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: saw some orang/red on TP

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 pm

You sound like me.... If I eat red peppers, I will see it mixed in my stool for a couple of days after. If I eat spinach, I will see it in my stool for a couple of days after. I thought the peppers were blood as well, but it goes away after a couple of days, and it looks kinda like pieces of peppers (not to be gross). I put my nerves at ease by not eating any red peppers for a couple of weeks and then ate them again. Sure enough, the red was back. Same thing happens to me with spinach. I am just not able to digest these foods. I don't have any pain when I eat them, but they seem to come out undigested. This was not the case prior to c-diff. Maybe try what I did, and stay away from red peppers and carrots for a while, and then eat them again and see if the color is back.

Return to “Too Much Information”