Metamucil and cramps?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
AllysMom
Contributor

Metamucil and cramps?

Postby AllysMom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi everyone. Soo I've been having some weird symptoms latly. I have been having several solid BMs a day. Like up to 5 a day. Then the next day I'll have none. Then the next day I'll have several BMs again, etc...

I started drinking one glass of Metamucil a day for the last two days. Now I'm having stomach cramps. I have had to take Bentyl for the first time in weeks. I googled and found that the Metamucil has stomach cramps as a common side effect.

So I'm starting to get nervous cuz I'm having several BMs a day, gassy, and now cramps. Can this be my c-diff relapsing even with solid BMs? I've decided to stop the Metamucil to see if the cramps stop.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Metamucil and cramps?

Postby seekingcure » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I suspect it's the Metamucil. I cannot tolerate the psyllium either. It causes lots of bloating, gas and cramps for me as well. Give your colon a rest for a few days and see if things improve. If you feel you need a fiber supplement, try one of the others. I prefer Citrucel.
Bea

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't drink zany today so hopefully it will pass in the next couple days

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:58 am

Benefiber seems to be gentler and mixes well with water, other fluids, or foods. I take the maximum dosage without a problem. Everyone is different; experiment. You will find something that works for you.

Doesn't sound like c diff, bit if in doubt call your doc. See CDI- three day rule and CDI - IBS.

Return to “Too Much Information”