Question about bowels.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Katokit
Contributor

Question about bowels.

Postby Katokit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

So im still on vancocin and im also on macrobid for a bladder infection. Im aldo taking acidopholis until I go pick up florastor.

My bowels have slowed down to once a day but I still feel like I need to go even though I cant. There still pretty loose but getting there. Is this normal or should i be concerned?

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question about bowels.

Postby seekingcure » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:33 am

I don't think it's anything to worry about at this point. I also had this symptom while on Vancomycin and then again recently when I took a round of Xifaxan for suspected SIBO. If it continues after you're off all the medications, talk to a doctor about it, but you sound like you are in normal recovery. Just having one bowel movement a day is excellent progress. Remember, the real healing doesn't start until you are off the antibiotics and your good bacteria can start to build back up.
Bea

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 am

Thank you, I think im just worrying about every little symptom right now. This forum makes it so much easier though.

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 am

Kat...I was on vanco for 11 weeks total....I had weird bms the whole time. Roy said that the real healing doesn't start until you are off the meds. He is pretty much right on that account. I have been off the vanco for 9 days and I am starting to feel better. My Gi told me to take vsl#3 twice a day. It is giving me fits. I am going to keep taking it but it is real strong . I am hoping I won't have to take so much when I get a little more stable. But I really do not think you have a lot to worry about. I couldn't take macrobid because I got a rash from it....I had a big fat uti and had to take antibiotics while on vanco too. You are okay....hang on...it does get better just takes a while.

Return to “Too Much Information”