2 years later

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
cfierro
Contributor

2 years later

Postby cfierro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi folks, It has been almost 2 years since I got a negative for cdiff. in that time I have had moments where I thought cdiff was back. It usually resolved itself in a day or two. but my stomach has never been the same. Just yesterday I was eating and drinking water. I had to go pee really bad so I went and when I started to go pee I started having diarrhea. The act of pushing to go pee caused me to have diarrhea. This has never happened to me and I was frightened. after I started havinf lower back pain. Today when I went it was floating stools and more back pain. Has anyone had this experience? I guess first I want toknow its not just me that this has happened too. Also =, I am so scared its cdiff again. Has anyone relapsed this far out? Thank you...

megan2
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 years later

Postby megan2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't think it is possible after so long. It sounds to me like maybe you ate something that didn't agree with you. Give it a few days. Or it could just be a stomach virus

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm

After this long, it would be very unlikely that this is c-diff without some recent risk factor, such as being hospitalized, visiting someone in the hospital or nursing home or taking antibiotics. There are a lot of stomach bugs going around. Hopefully that's what is going on or you ate something that didn't agree, as Megan said.
Bea

cfierro
Contributor

Postby cfierro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Thank you for responding. So fecal incontinence is something that can happen due to eating something my stomach didn't agree with also?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Sure. You would not have thought much about it it - until you had c diff. If it continues, call your doc for medical reassurance.

I've been on this site for over 15'years and remember approximately three people relapsing after several years without a reason.

Return to “Too Much Information”