Yellow floating stools after FMT

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
mjmcgetr
Regular Contributor

Yellow floating stools after FMT

Postby mjmcgetr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:23 pm

So I recently had an FMT. Upper and lower. I still dont feel great but no D I am going twice a day normal formed stools except they are light colored not neon yellow like with C diff but still have a yellowish tint with a little mucous and sometimes float. I know most people see a return to normal colored stool after FMT so I am wondering about malabsorption or possible relapse. Doc wants to put me on a short course of vanco or deficd if i test positive but wont test right now because I am not having D. I am eating a very limited diet gluten free and dairy free. Any advice?

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Re: Yellow floating stools after FMT

Postby pinkangel » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Mine were still yellow for a while after . I think months and so were a few people I know who had fmts. I think this is because your new bacteria have to grow. Once they grow and take over stool color should gradually get back to normal. It sounds like the fmt is working so far and this is typical of a normal recovery. Just be patient and try to not worry. I know it is stressful but you really are doing pretty good so far.

mjmcgetr
Regular Contributor

Postby mjmcgetr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Thanks Pink Angel !! I cant tell you how much I appreciate your advice and help through this !! I wish I could send you a thank you card :) Thanks for being patient with me :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:41 pm

This is common. Don't worry. it will gradually improve.

Return to “Too Much Information”