Anxiety to eat, go in public and leading a normal life

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
surfergirl86
New User

Anxiety to eat, go in public and leading a normal life

Postby surfergirl86 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:57 am

Hello,
I am a 27 female (was) healthy. In October I got celulitis near my eye due to a cyst that biut stee, ER prescribed clyndmycin since I was allergic to bactrim. I was diagnosed with cdiff collitis two weeks after completing 5 days of clyndamycin. During thelis time from into risk cdiff I did not take medication for 14 days, I had diarreah, mucuus, little to no energy.

The Doctor prescribed me 10 days of vanco (125mg 2x a day). During my time having cdiff I was running 96 - 99 F temp. I had body aches and absolutely no energy. A few days into the medication Symptoms seemed to resolve, but 3 days after stopping vanco the cdiff came back with a vengence. I finally wen to the hospital when I had chills and ran a fever of 101.

I was admitted to my relapse stating this time it was "severe", body was on verge of sepsis, intestinal wall was thickened. Was in the hospital we for 4 days and was given liquid vanco and an IV of flagyl. They sent me home with a 6 week taporered regimen of 500 mg doses of vanco.

Infectious disease doctor told me I could eat whatever food I wanted when I left the hospital and to live my life normally.
She also stayed that cdiff is only contagious when the person actually has diarreah so I could go back in public , have sex, etc.

After leaving hospital I ate spinach strand dumplings (as I have not lost my appetite) and immediate got diarreah.
Since then I have been eating soup due to having anxiety over eating regular food and getting diarreah.

Doctor told me to eat whatever I want to it can push out existing contents that are currently sitting in my intestines.
Many doctors have been telling me differnt things.

I have developed contact dermatitis on my hands from over washing :/

Questions:

What do you eat for a diet post c-diff?
When can you start being sexually active?
Does eating yogurt help?
Can you spread it through sharing a bed?
Will the pain in my intestines ever go away from wher the wall thickened?
I get chills still- is this normal?
Do I need to be worried about being near children or elderly?

I have become paranoid and wanted to reach out to the support group to get some feedback on what others suffering from this infection. I am starting to get depressed being unable to live a normal life.

roy
Administrator

Re: Anxiety to eat, go in public and leading a normal life

Postby roy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:30 am

As this is a duplicate post I am locking it
The other post that's in free form discussion I will move to general discussion so you get more replies

Roy

Return to “Too Much Information”