STOOL ODOR AFTER DOXYCYCLINE & MOUTH SORE

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
dawn813
Regular Contributor

STOOL ODOR AFTER DOXYCYCLINE & MOUTH SORE

Postby dawn813 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:19 pm

I know this may sound gross, but did anyone else who got cdiff have a skunk smelling odor in their house? I had to take doxycycline for a week and have noticed a skunk smell in my house since starting it. I cannot pinpoint where its coming from. I am afraid of a relapse. Seems this happened to me the first time I had cdiff.

And also I had a blister or canker sore inside my mouth (on the inside of my lip beside my gums) about 3 days into the antibiotic. I NEVER get these. I am scared! Intestines also doing alot of gurgling in the middle of the night and I dont really have an appetite to speak of the last week or so. I finished the doxycycline last tuesday (6 days ago)

Anyone have anything similar happen?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: STOOL ODOR AFTER DOXYCYCLINE & MOUTH SORE

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 am

Cancer sores are usually a sign of a viral infection. My husband seems to get them with colds and flus and others I know get them with viruses. I'm not prone to them either, but when I have gotten one, it was with a viral illness.

dawn813
Regular Contributor

Re: STOOL ODOR AFTER DOXYCYCLINE & MOUTH SORE

Postby dawn813 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:51 am

Thank you Beth. I was taking doxycycline for an untreated sinus infection I had months ago, and the sores just appeared out of no where in my mouth after starting the antibiotic. I read that doxy may cause mouth sores but I know it can also mean an upset of your flora. Im thinking this happened to me right before my initial cdiff infection (brought on by too many antibiotics) and it scared me!

Return to “Too Much Information”