On My Last Day Of Anitbiotics- Good dose of TMI

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
mach1320
Contributor

On My Last Day Of Anitbiotics- Good dose of TMI

Postby mach1320 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:52 am

So this is day 14 of my Vanco. Some concerns, still having some pains that come and go in the abdomen but they are much less severe than at the start of things. I never really got the super bad D that many get with C diff. It was more occasional D however mucus was always present D or not. Since Vanco I haven't had D. I have had the urgency still though which is a little annoying. Most annoying and concerning is the fact I'm still having an issue, especially in the mornings where I'll have a movement, everything seems pretty decent, much much better than before. But then 20-30 mins later bam I get hit when a big round of urgency and have another BM and it's also I want to say looser but its not D. But thinner, floaty kind of a BM. Still not quite what I was having prior to my diagnosis.

Wondered any who have been down this road may have some insight ? I'm wondering if it could be from the antibiotics possibly ? And hopefully. I quit taking my omeprazole on Friday as I was sick of the side effects and I was about 25 days into my 30 day script. Within 24 hours I noticed a big reduction in the yellow color which is good I think. Sorry for all the TMI but it's a little concerning I wasn't sure just how well one should feel 14 days into treatment ? My lower left side pain has come back when a vengeance, however I think that may be a separate issue altogether its the reason my regular doctor put on me on the antibiotics that probably caused this in the first place thinking I had diverticulitis. CT scan showed it was not. And all stool test back then (February) shown no issue but I was still on antibiotics when I gave the sample.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: On My Last Day Of Anitbiotics- Good dose of TMI

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Vanco gave me looser stools and that yellow color. Prilosec gives me D too, so it could be the meds. Some people are helped by probiotics and for others it can cause GI upset. You can try some and see if they help, but take a small dose first if you decide to try.

mach1320
Contributor

Re: On My Last Day Of Anitbiotics- Good dose of TMI

Postby mach1320 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:48 pm

I took probiotics for 5 days prior to seeing the gi doctor. Didnt notice anything worse. Doc said stop them until your colonoscpy is done. But c diff came back positive so they cancelled it and prescribed vanco. Since then i started the probiotic pill again. Figure vanco will wipe it but id rather have dead good bacteria vs dead bad stuff. No noticeable upset the days i took it prior to seeing the gi so i hope it helps. Also hope the funnyish bowels are just from the drugs. Overall vanco has had very little effect on me. Im shocked how much easy its been vs most other. Flagyl is impossible for me.

Return to “Too Much Information”