The distinct yellow color

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
dlareese
New User

The distinct yellow color

Postby dlareese » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Ok, since my cdiff started, I've had a distinct yellow color to my stool... rather it was diarrhea or formed. Sometimes it would appear brown when it was formed but within it was yellow. Has anyone else had this problem and when does it leave??? Dr. told me it could be from what I ate but that is NOT the case with me. It's the same NO MATTER WHAT I eat and I've never seen this color until I had this stuff...

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Re: The distinct yellow color

Postby saraht » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:52 am

Is it the stool itself or could it be M that you're seeing? My BM's were not normal either. When I have the infection mine are not the typical "brown." I don't know if mine are ever the same color wise. It is all in what you're eating. I looked this up, maybe this will help you with understanding your BMs. Are you on any medications? That can effect color as well. The infection can cause color change, does you dr seem concerned?

http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/otherdige ... estool.htm

Have you tried searching in a search engine for information about stool color, and what can cause it to be that color. Here is another think you could read into.

http://www.medicinenet.com/stool_color_ ... or_changes

Best wishes.

-sarah

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:12 am

When I had active c diff, I had the yellow color as well and even afterwards. Even now, there is yellow tinge on toilet paper often. I can't eat a lot of vegetables, but when I do eat something like spinach, it is better. Dairy products can make stools lighter too. I do think the c diff does this though - too many people have posted the same thing. Perhaps it is the lack of good bacteria or the wrong kind of bacteria in the GI tract that contributes to this too.

mirah
Regular User

Postby mirah » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 pm

After cdiff I tried a bowl of chicken soup and within hours had neon green D. It was the scariest thing I ever saw. I retested negative and for the next 2 months had all shades of green and yellow and even white. My doctor said not to worry about it as it eventually resolves. 3 months later mine is starting to get back to a more conventional shade :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Your doc was right - another "fun" part of having c diff.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:02 pm

My stools are mostly yellow as well. It has been around 9 wks after my last Vanco, and they are mainly yellowish still. I have no idea why this is, but it wasn't this way prior to c-diff. Even when it looks brown, it still is yellowish when I wipe. It is strange to me too.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:20 am

This thread is 12 months old, doubt if the original poster will reply!

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:09 pm

I know this is an old post, but the question reappears frequently. I found this while surfing...it discusses what the yellow color in stool is and what action changes it to brown. Thought some of you might find it enlightening. (See p. 76, left-hand column "bile pigment (bilirubin)")

https://books.google.com/books?id=1bzCY ... ia&f=false

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Interesting article, Tonja. Thanks for posting. I guess this explains why so many of us have the yellow color while on medications for c-diff. So much gut bacteria, good and bad, is destroyed. Over a year out, I still have a lighter, more yellow color than normal. And while I was on Vanco, I really had odorless stool, I assume due to so much bacteria being killed. These meds really do a number on our guts and it seems to take forever to get back to anywhere near normal.
Bea

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:23 am

I had that yellow color too with vanco and when I went off as well. When I had the FMT, it stopped being yellow, I guess because there was bacteria that was put back, so that makes sense.

Return to “Too Much Information”