recurrence after dificid?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: recurrence after dificid?

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:46 am

cdiffmomagain,
You are not "over the top" with TMI info. We've had people who gave details that were so gross, I flinched when I read them. (And I've seen/read a lot of gross "stuff" about C. diff.)

Small world - I lost a son a long time ago when my membranes ruptured and I leaded amniotic fluid. I was almost 7 mo. pregnant. The same thing happened with my next and last pregnancy - also a long time ago - and I carried full term - although my OB said I wouldn't. My "baby" is almost 39 years old.

Yes, some have reoccurred on Dificid, but many have not. Get tested ASAP so you can enjoy Xmas with your cherished son.

Call tomorrow and set up the test. Let us know.

cdiffmomagain
New User

Postby cdiffmomagain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

Things got worse during the night. I thankfully had the foresight to get a lab order and sterile cup from my dr last week to have onhand, so no waiting on them. The hospital thinks I may have the results this afternoon. I scheduled a backup FMT for early Feb in case the CDI came back. Looks like that will happen now.

Bobbie, that is a small world. So you understand how even more "perfect" I want this Christmas to be. To have been so so sad and heartbroken just 2 holidays ago, and uncomfortable at 8 1/2 months last, I just really had high hopes this year.

Interestingly, he sort of is how I got here in the first place. It all started with antibiotics for mastitis for me...

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Smart lady to be so prepared. If you schedule a FMT, do you know who will do it. There is a list of docs. who do FMT's in our Doctors Forum. Also, check LINKS on the home page. They might have updates on other docs who are doing it.

If you have the FMT, PM me, and I'll give you some hints on what to ask your doctor.

Yes, I understand how you want this to a perfect Xmas, but nothing is perfect so enjoy your new son. Several moms developed C. diff. after mastitis. You might do a search using that term and see if you can PM or email some of them. Don't believe there is another young mom with that problem on the site now.

I am so glad for you. Losing any one you love is difficult, but losing a child (including one you never brought home) is devastating. They didn't have support groups way back when I went through this. They do now so if you still have issues, you might look into one. Nancy, one of our moderators, can tell you about Compassionate Friends as she lost a grown daughter many years ago. What a heartbreaker!!!

Buy him some fun toys for Xmas!!

cdiffmomagain
New User

Postby cdiffmomagain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:12 pm

I have a great support group for pprom loss mommies like us. Thank you for thinking of that!

The test was of course positive. Restarting dificid, and trying to move up my FT. Barry Schneider in Charlotte will do it. I met with him after relapse 3 in Nov. I will PM you when i figure out how!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 pm

When I lost the baby -2nd in a little over a year - there were no support groups. I put my maternity clothes away and never cried in front of others in case it would upset them. BS! We learn as we grow older.

Your doc. is listed. I just got back from visiting a friend in Charlotte. Love that city. Hope you can work in a little sight seeing before the procedure.

Dr. Barry R. Schneider, M.D.
Gastroenterologist
Carolina Digestive Health Associates
300 Billingsley Road, Suite 200
Charlotte NC 28211
704-547-8818
http://www.carolinadigestive.com

He is on our list. To PM me, just click on my name. I can give you a list of "what/how to ask. In the meantime, I will contact the founder of the FMT Foundation and ask her advice as I know her slightly.

Most experts put you on Vanco. or Dificid for several wks. prior to the FMT. Many experts think diet is important.

Just had an idea and will PM you the info. In the meantime, enjoy Xmas and don't worry. You will be fine.

cdiffmomagain
New User

Postby cdiffmomagain » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

I don't know how you did that...the not crying thing. I was a royal mess, and still am at times.
I took your advice on the pm. Great idea.
Yes, we love Charlotte too. I live in the Charleston area, just a few hours south, so we visit every few years anyway. Not exactly for THIS but, hey, if it works... :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:57 am

I had a relapse in December as well before and had a FMT in February. Try not to let it get you down. At least you will be on medication and that is better than having it happen over Christmas itself when you can't reach a doctor. You have to be on meds before a transfer anyway. Maybe they can do it in January so that you don't have to take them again. Good luck and try to enjoy the holidays despite this setback. You will get well. I am glad that I did my FMT. I am not perfect and have lots of IBS issues, but I have not tested positive in almost two and a half years now. You will get better.

cdiffmomagain
New User

Postby cdiffmomagain » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks beth. I am already feeling some better on the med, and I hope it will let me do the things i want over the next few weeks. There is one possible spot that may open in January - my sons first birthday of all days - but if it opens, I'll take it. Just waiting on another person to confirm or cancel.

karen434
Brand New Poster

Postby karen434 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:45 am

Dairy is a common food allergens that may cause inflammation, so does soy, eggs, gluten, and corn

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 am

Karen
This is a very old post and i don't think the poster is still active.

Return to “Too Much Information”