Starting to worry.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Trisha
Regular User

Starting to worry.

Postby Trisha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Hopefully not to much tmi but this has been going on forever and I don't know if I should be worried. Did my last course of flagyl in November and have had what I would call a typical recovery process since, bumps in the road but I think I am okay. I have continued to take florastor twice a day everyday since. My concern is that every day every bm there is white specks in my stool. No matter what I eat it doesn't seem to make a difference. The only thing I can think of is that it is the florastor. Anyone else experience this? Any help is appreciated.

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: Starting to worry.

Postby gm37 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry you are still having cause to worry!!
I am 1 1/2 years out from meds. I still have times when there are white specks. It is usually when I have taken some type of medication...Tylenol, sinus meds, etc. it could be the probiotics.
Ask your doctor if you are worried about it, but I would guess it is just normal.
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:10 am

Sometimes if the food is not digested all the way, it can do this. Some foods don't get digested that well and if you have inflammation this might be part of it. I have not read that it is bad or dangerous, but I would check with the doctor.

mirah
Regular User

Postby mirah » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 am

I was wondering how you are doing with this problem. I have the same issue and take florastor and lacto bacillus and wonder if it's from that? Did anyone get info from their GI about it?

Trisha
Regular User

Postby Trisha » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 am

I never did discuss this with my doctor, mostly because at the time I did not have insurance or a regular doctor. It eventually just went away. I still take florastor once every other day or so since I still feel the effects of c diff if I dont. Earlier this year I did do use diatomaceous earth for about 3 weeks and I definitely saw some white specks in my stool from that. Haven't noticed them since though. Good luck to you!

mirah
Regular User

Postby mirah » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 am

Thank you for your reply!
I never heard of diatomaceous earth...the things we learn from this! It sounds like an intense treatment.
I read online that white specks could be from bad bug "die off"
i certainly hope it's true. But now I also have blood in my stool.
My acupuncturist thinks the dead bacteria are the white specks and they crystallized and are scraping the colon. I hope that's what it is but I will ask my dr next week.

Trisha
Regular User

Postby Trisha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 am

I wouldn't recommend trying diatomaceous earth until you are feeling very recovered. But I do think it's possible I had a parasite. I definitely think white specks could be die-off also it could be the c diff itself. Without getting a stool sample analysed I feel like there just no way to be certain. Best of luck to you!

Return to “Too Much Information”