When farts become safe

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Kristin
Regular User

When farts become safe

Postby Kristin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 pm

I know we can all relate to that subject line hahaha. I'm on my 3rd day of vanco and am extremely gassy now. Was afraid to let the farts go, but they've just been escaping and they are indeed safe farts so all good there. But is it normal for the farts to smell like literal death? I mean, they smell disgusting. I think even worse than my poop smelled.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: When farts become safe

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 am

Everything that comes out of there smells weird while you are going through c-diff and on meds. I wouldn't pay attention too much to odor. I think the infection and meds, along with the gut bacteria imbalance has a lot to do with it.

jeany
Brand New Poster

Postby jeany » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:08 am

When you're still healing it may take some time for the smell to go away. For me personally, it was a long recovery even though I only had one round of flagyl. As long as you can fart and it is safe that is a good sign! Lol don't worry about the smell just yet it should go away.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 pm

I remember one time being on vanco and having that as well. I did a chaser with Xifaxan and the gas smell went away. I think probiotics help with that too. GI said it was from the imbalance of bacteria.

MarieTh3
New User

Postby MarieTh3 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi All, I’m on day 3 of Vanco. Frustrated & Scared. But last night - I tested it out and I could trust the fart again. Baby steps.

Do any of you recall bright red bloody mucus being the only thing that you’d pass at times? I had this today, along with a very small blood clot and am worried.

Thanks.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 am

Yes, I had that and was told that it was the damage the toxins did to the wall of the intestines. About day 5 of vanco it subsided. It could also be a fissure or hemorhoid that the D caused. If it continues, check with your GI.

MarieTh3
New User

Postby MarieTh3 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks!
I’m on day 4 of Vanco (125 mg)... noticed the smell back. I can tell this is going to be a long journey. I’d assume I need a higher strength of antibiotic?!?

Jdrop
Brand New Poster

Postby Jdrop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:21 am

Hi
New here, sadly not a group I'm thrilled to be apart of.
So are farts safe? I'm 7days on vanco 4x a day... I have a teenager at home and terrified
Thanks for any insight, I never even heard of c-diff until hours before my life changed in the E.R.
47/FEMALE
dosed with vanco 125/capsule 30d
Zofran before to keep it down.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:07 am

:-)))
If by "safe" you mean not spreading it around then fart away, it's not spread like that.
But if by "safe" you mean not pooping yourself or turning your visitors a sickly green then best to let rip when your alone!

Return to “Too Much Information”