Hair?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
leahel
Brand New Poster

Hair?

Postby leahel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Obviously this is disgusting, but this morning it looked like my stool was completely connected by strands of hair.

I've been suspecting a c diff relapse. I had it at this time last year and did a 10-day course of Flagyl that seemed to help. Last time I had no diarrhea but severe pain. This time, if it is c diff, I have lots of diarrhea but moderate pain. My stomach gurgles and rumbles a lot and I had d 5 times on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, it literally looked like there was bacteria in the toilet, almost like orange grains of rice (but not rice). Today those were not present.

Does this sound like c diff? I did a stool sample this morning (with the hairy sample) and I know I'll get results in a few days but I'm not comfortable with the test. It was an empty container, no liquid inside, and my doctor only ordered a c diff culture and not an entire panel. If the hairs could be parasites or something, I don't think it'll show up?

roy
Administrator

Re: Hair?

Postby roy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Does not sound like c.diff but if your coughing it could be furballs.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:39 pm

If your test is negative for c difficile, and you are still having symptoms, ask the doctor do do a stool culture for other pathogens and a test for parasites. Did you eat anything stringy like string beans, mangoes, asparagus?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:42 am

It could be stringy mucus.
As Beth said , it would be a good idea to retest for Cdiff and also for other pathogens.

Return to “Too Much Information”