Bacteria master reaction by making the substrate a radical

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
Bobbie
Administrator

Bacteria master reaction by making the substrate a radical

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:05 pm

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

C-Diff Exhibiting Suicidal Behavior

Postby feelinghopeful » Sat May 03, 2008 7:01 pm

From other things I've read (I'll post one of many links that say this below), short chain fatty acids lower the PH of the colon and C-Diff (from what I've read) doesn't like a highly acidic environment so... isn't it strange that it metabolizes leucine into short chain fatty acids. Possibly, short chaiin fatty acids are the by product of all the bacteria in the colon. Who knows. I've been trying to find a diet that truly favors the growth of good bacteria but contradictions abound. I also could be misunderstanding something.

http://www.nutrition-partner.com/index. ... 57CD80#3_4

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Yes...

Postby TheVike » Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 pm

but doesn t this conflict and contradict the notion that PPI's are involved when the acidity level is redueced by them already................................

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Not sure I follow you...

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun May 04, 2008 8:25 am

PPIs reduce stomach acid production which allows C-Diff to more easily traverse the stomach and thrive in the high PH environment created by them. The original article posted by Bobby is saying that C-Diff produces short chain fatty acids which are supposed to increase colon acidity, something I've been striving for and an environment C-Diff is supposed not to like. If you look at diagram 3.7 in the link I provided you can see what some research suggests, that short chain fatty acids raise colon acidity and this is done by eating foods which feed the 'good' bacteria which in turn are supposed to perform this wonderful job of keeping the colon acidic which in turn is supposed to favor the good bacteria but I wonder. If short chain fatty acids are th by product of C-Diff's metabolism - then C-Diff is self destructive which doesn't make much sense. Again, I could be reading something way wrong here. I, like you, am trying to put this puzzle together. I'm reading Bobby's article very simplistically and may be missing a huge piece of this that could be right in front of me but am incapable of comprehending, not being a biologist.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 am

feelinghopeful,
A long time ago, I stopped trying to understand a lot of this "stuff." If you aren't it the medical field, it's difficult. I doubt if a lot of docs. understand it either -- except for researchdrs.

What counts is what works: trial & error & decisons ("feelings" best) on your part. Glad infusions worked for you. Althogh they are still controversial, they do seem to have a high cure level.

Return to “Media Reports”