New Mother Dies of Clostridium Difficile

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
prairierose
Contributor

New Mother Dies of Clostridium Difficile

Postby prairierose » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Very sad article from Vancouver BC Canada:
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/story ... 4e&k=52283
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:18 pm

That is such a sad story! My heart aches over that one and scares me to.
Thanks for posting it prairie rose I think I'll give it to my GI when he minimalizes my fears.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Scary!! I didnt read where she had cancer? just a cyst removed.

prairierose
Contributor

Postby prairierose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:17 pm

From what I understand of the article, this woman had gone in to have an ovarian cyst (not tumor) removed and then contracted C Diff. Her colon was removed due to the C Diff infection. I am not sure about the kidney removal (possible complication from the previous surgery), but there is no mention that she had cancer. She was a very healthy individual prior to her first surgery.
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

asusa
New User

my 2 year anniversary is coming up.

Postby asusa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:58 pm

As of May 26th or so I will have been suffering from this plague for 2 years - since 2006, when I had breast cancer surgery.

Two for the price of one. I'm 'cured' of cancer, in as much as anyone can say with assurance, but still at the mercy of c.diff.

This story is so sad as it might have been prevented.

Susanne

Return to “Media Reports”