Popular IBS Drug Zelnorm Being Pulled

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
jskvt
Regular User

Popular IBS Drug Zelnorm Being Pulled

Postby jskvt » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:16 pm

"Zelnorm sales halted on heart events"

http://www.upi.com/HealthBusiness/zelno ... 524-7747r/

Use Google News to find more articles on this...

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm glad you found and posted this Julian. I just filled a script for this 2 weeks ago given to me by my GI. I've been afraid to take it due to the side effects being uncontrollable diarrhea. Not somewhere I'm willing to go right now therefore, I've been procrastinating. Thankfully, I have! I'll have to give him call next week to find an alternative.

Thanks so much. I hope you are doing better.PM me and keep me posted.

Christina

dayle
New User

Postby dayle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:35 am

I was on zelnorm for close to 2 years. I was being worked up for chest pain and shortness of breath, and then in December i developed a bowel inflammation-that led to hospitalization and IV clindamycin, and i picked up c. diff.

I had been worried the zelnorm was causing the initial bowel inflammation.

Return to “Media Reports”