Locker Rooms Breed Harmful Bacteria

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
dalamy
Regular Contributor

Locker Rooms Breed Harmful Bacteria

Postby dalamy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:20 pm

C. diff. is mentioned as the next one to come down the pike - even though it's been around for what - at least 20 years now - or even more?

Our information is behind the times would you say?

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=5784756
Amy

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Read one article (can't remember if I posted it or not) about a pro. football team. One of their members had MRSA and it ruined his career. After this, there was no "communal" bench. Each player has his own seat in the locker room plus own towel and soap. Whenever I go to the gym, I wear gym gloves and then change my clothes and wash my ankles and arms with soapy water -- any part of me that has been in contact with the exercise machines. They have bottles of disinfectant but don't know how well they work.

Return to “Media Reports”