Could calcium hold the key to fighting a dangerous hospital infection?

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Could calcium hold the key to fighting a dangerous hospital infection?

Postby iamsick » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Teresa_68

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Could calcium hold the key to fighting a dangerous hospital infection?

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:51 pm

This is really interesting because I was producing too much calcium - had hyperparathyroidism and had surgery to remove one parathyroid gland. The week before I was "officially diagnosed" I was taking Tums every day - calcium. When I tested positive in 2015, I had also been taking calcium. Don't think I will be taking any more.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 pm

This is VERY interesting!!! I am carrying around Tums right now as I wean off Aciphex!! Just took them out of my purse, also made sure to take the VIT D today which is always low.

Thanks for posting!

NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am

Scary. Since I have osteoporosis - with many broken bones - I am on lots of calcium.

Oh, well , next week, something else we absolutely have to take will prove to be bad for us. Perhaps we should all start drinking excess wine and smoking lots of cigarettes.

Return to “Media Reports”