Garden of Life - Lawsuit Against

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
Bobbie
Administrator

Garden of Life - Lawsuit Against

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:52 am

Skeeter gave us this info. Thx.

Just an FYI to anyone (including myself) who has been taking Primal Defense or any Garden of Life products. I haven't taken it in a while, it gave me terrible D the first day I took it and I've switched to Florastor, Culturelle and P. Reuteri.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2006/03/gardenoflife.htm

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 am

Gosh I take it. Only once a day and have no problems. Maybe I should quit. I also tke Florastor 2 times and 1 culturelle. Have you heard if it can actually cause harm?
Thanks for this info

Allison
Administrator

Postby Allison » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 am

Physical harm? Probably not.
But ALL probiotics cause psychological harm if you assign them powers they simply don't have. Take 'em with a grain of salt and don't expect them to do something they have never been proven to do.
Good general maintenance for GI tract? YES Cure? NO

Beverly
Contributor

Postby Beverly » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Over the last two years I've been on every probiotic there is....Primal Defense was the first I tried since it was recommended by the guy at the health food store where we lived at the time...I worked up to 9/day (believe it or not) and still kept relapsing so switched to Culturelle, then Reuteri, etc, etc, etc......
Right now I'm not taking anything and I feel the best. I have decided (for me) that the probiotics probably interfere with workings of Vancocin I take twice a day, so just going with the Vanco for now. May start on them again (Florastor). when I go down off Vanco again....
I did read in Consumers Report that Primal Defense has the least viable organisms of any probiotic they tested.....that was in July 2005 CR...

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:09 pm

If it could cure cancer then why hasnt it been on all the news stations? For years they have been researching for a cure. I also have extremly high cholesterol and if this product could reduce cholesterol levels then I am sure I would have known about it. If anyone out there also has high cholesterol oatmeal and garlic do reduce levels. But in my case not enough so I have to supplement with medicine also. I dont believe everything that companies claim their products can do.
Dianne Stevens

Return to “Media Reports”