Anyone around horses?

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Anyone around horses?

Postby Marcia » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:59 am

Here is a link, i hope i am not going too far fetch here. My brother in law has a nice , his wife is a drossage (?) rider? whatever you call them. This article made me not want to go visit their "million" dollar ranch much. It's 5 min from here. I'll stay away just in case. Although the arena is cleaner than my house. Just joking but it is nice.
http://www.thehorse.com/viewarticle.aspx?ID=2338

poltroon
Regular User

Postby poltroon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:37 pm

I am a longtime horseperson and I've spent literally years on the farm around horses in places where there's nowhere to wash your hands with soap and water during the day. One of the C Diff journal articles mentions that it is found in horses, and I did a big aha.

I had a friend who was pregnant when her horse came down with a C Diff infection. I sent her very strong warnings to be careful!

I'm sure that your brother-in-law's dressage place is great - and I think you'd be fine to visit as long as you practice safe hygiene. If it's fancy they probably sprang for a real bathroom!

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:58 pm

I grew up around all kinds of farm animals. I was a member of 4-H also and broke and trained horses. I never got ill from one of them. The same goes for my dogs. They are big carriers of influenza also and I have never gotten anything from them. Although when I cleaned stalls I always wore gloves. Just good hygeine.
Dianne Stevens

Return to “Media Reports”