UK Support Group Fights Killer Bug

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

UK Support Group Fights Killer Bug

Postby Marcia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 am

I think she has the right idea. It's not only the c diff patient who suffers, it's everybody around them too.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/new ... er_bug.php

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Thanks, Marcia. I will Email her. If we combine forces, we might have some power.

graziella
Brand New Poster

Support group fights killer bug

Postby graziella » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:49 am

I set up the UK support group earlier this year to help and support families who have been affected by this deadly infection. I lost my Grandmother in September last year after she contracted c diff following an admission to treat a urine infection. Even though she was 93 she was a very strong lady and would surley have been discharged had she not become infected.

There is just not enough information here in the UK about C Diff and hospitals are keeping very quite, as in my case I was told that gran had a bug and that was it and this seems to be the case all over the country. I had never heard about c diff before Gran's admission, we keep hearing about MRSA and this is the one that journalists like but c diff does not hit the headlines as much. I have contacted programme makers and journalsits but no one seems interested in this serious issue.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Bobbie for all her help and advise in helping me to set up this UK site. Please feel free to take a look and if any of you have any other ideas please let me know.

Graziella

Angela
New User

Postby Angela » Fri May 05, 2006 11:59 am

I have just finished e-mailing Ms. Kontkowski. Thank you, AGAIN, forum members, for very informative information!!
Angela

Return to “Media Reports”