Probiotics

We have several contributors lincluding AllisS, Nika Nike, and Teresa. Moderators and I can post, and we all do. Others need special permission from the webmaster. Please write a brief and descriptive title header about the hyperlink to identify the information it contains and check to make sure it has not already been posted. If you can't post in this forum, send the information to someone who can. We value all information.
Bobbie
Administrator

Probiotics

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:05 am

Very interesting & promising information especially for our adult population who are in a position to acquire a c-diff infection.

#Cdiff Alert: In a systematic review with meta-regression analysis, we found evidence that administration of #probiotics closer to the first dose of #antibiotic reduces the risk of CDI by >50% in hospitalized adults. Future research should focus on optimal probiotic dose, species, and formulation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28192108

* shared from the C-Diff Awareness Group

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Probiotics

Postby NanciT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am

WOW Bobbie

Interesting study, one that all hospitals should see!!

NanciT

justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: Probiotics

Postby justme » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 pm

I took massive doses of probiotics when I was first got C. Diff and was on Flagyl (I was told to do so by my PC doctor). I think they kept me from relapsing. I no longer take them regularly, but do so whenever I've had to take an antibiotic, and so far, I have not had a recurrence.
Anne

Return to “Media Reports”