Upset

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Upset

Postby HEATHER28 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First of all I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

Second of all I have been a member of this board for going on 3yrs and have made alot of great friends here. My hope is that not only have I made friends here but, that I have also helped a lot of them too. This board helped me out during the darkest days of my life when I was battling Cdiff. When I found this board and found out that I wasnt alone that there were other just like me battling this horrible illness. When I found you all it was like Christmas morning and I had just unwrapped the best gift in the world.

With that being said I havent been on here lately as I havent been getting any Google Alerts and also things are crazy right now with work, the remodel on my house and I am all so looking into going back to School.
So this morning I decided to check in on you all. As I loged on to my utter dismay I read a response to something that I had posted to someone and I guess I really offended this person with my answer. I truly did not mean to do this and I really didnt find my response unfitting or offensive in any way but, I guess they did.

I am here to help in anyway that I can but, I am going to refrain from posting any responses. If I feel that I can help I will PM that person with a reponse and try to help that way. I am in NO WAY quitting the site. I am here to help anybody and here to help the site. I will continue to post any Google Alerts and other stories that I get in Media Reports. I am just going to refrain from posting responses into the public forums.

I guess the reason that I am so upset about this is that I am here to help, not to tick people off and make enemys and it is just very upsetting to me that I have done that.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Heather,
You do so much good on this board. I am so sorry that someone was offended by something you wrote. Please know that I for one will miss your posts a lot and hope that at some future time you might reconsider. We are all here to help each other and we all try to do our best. Sometimes things are misinterpreted, or someone is having a bad day. Written words may not say exactly what we want to say. But we all care about each other. I just mainly want to thank you for everything you do and want you to know that it is all helpful to so many people. You have a forever friend in me and I care a lot about you.

I am out of town for a couple of weeks, and having other medical problems too, so I may not be able to respond in a timely fashion to posts. To everyone here, don´t forget, you are not alone and we care.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Heather,

Nancy is right; things aren't always interpreted the way they are intended when reading a response/post. This isn't the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last (it's happened to me, too). We are all here to support one another and you and the other poster have been of tremendous help here and are highly valued and appreciated. I always look forward to reading what both of you post.

I hope you'll reconsider because I remember all the times you were so helpful to me! Without you and the other members here, I would have been LOST!

Thinking of you,

Karen

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Heather, I almost got bannned from the site because of what I hope was a misunderstanding. Really, it was crazy. If I didn't care about other people I'd have up and left forever. I never did figure out what set off that fire storm but I figured, f ... it. Pay it forward is my motto. I'm hoping that if you share the wealth it just keeps getting recycled. Do what you have to for yourself but don't let some stupid human glitch get you down. We love and appreciate you.

Bobbie
Administrator

To Heather

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:28 pm

When I found this board and found out that I wasnt alone that there were other just like me battling this horrible illness. When I found you all it was like Christmas morning and I had just unwrapped the best gift in the world.

What a beautiful thing to say!!

You've done so much for this site. Am sorry someone misinterpreted one of your posts. This is one of the problems with the Internet.

We so appreciate how much you do with Media Reports. Pls. continue to post. You were smart not to reply to the "offendee" which is "flaming." If you have further problems, contact one of the mods. & we can delete any post that is obnoxious or combative.

When I first started on this site years ago, my feelings were hurt several times & I thought about quitting. (One woman was furious because I objected to her detailed descriptions of her bathroom visits -- I asked her to post them in TMI.) She decided not to continue on the site. I was not upset about her decision.

I seldom use the delete key (one of the few advantages of being a mod.) except to delete abusive or rude language, but have enjoyed doing it several times.

Pls. continue to post your opinions and advice. You are a valued member of this site!!

mayotte
Contributor

Postby mayotte » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:13 am

I also am one of the people who reads everything on this site. Sometimes there may be a post that I don't agree with. However, that is just life. I don't think anyone would agree with everything. This board has educated me, and given me hope when I was at my worst. They people who are moderators are angels in my eyes. They spend a lot of time answering posts, adding links etc. I guess I just wanted to say that their efforts are appreciated. Keep up the good work.
Mary

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:10 am

Thank you all for saying such wonderful things. It really means a lot to me. When I got on to the site this morning I seen a post from the person that got upset with me. As I read all that they were going through I started to understand why they got so upset. This person is going through ALOT and my heart just breaks for them.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. Thank you Roy for saying such sweet things and making me realize how silly I was being about all of this.

I was just really upset yesterday and I over reacted, thanks for making me realize that! I of course will continue to post.
Heather

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 am

Heather - I was shocked when I read your post here. You have not made an enemy. I didn't realize my remark would want you to take such drastic measures outlined here. I responded to you, so refer to my response under the topic in question in TMI in case you haven't seen it.

While there are over 1,000 members on this site, there are not that many that actively respond to questions, help people when they need it, share their experiences, or just offer encouragement, so the site needs all of those people that do give of themselves and their time.

I'm sorry you thought you had to stop posting publicly because of me, and I hope you reconsider.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Sandy,

As I said I totally over reacted yesterday. I also responded to your post in the TMI section. Please dont feel that it was your fault because it wasnt. All is forgiven, I am going to keep posting. :o)
Heather

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Glad to hear you are going to continue to post, Heather. A thick skin (like a rhino's) is often necessary on the Internet. Unfortunately, few of us have it!

When you are stress about things in your own life, it is difficult to encourage others and easy to feel betrayed when you perceive an insult --even if it is unintended.

You do a wonderful job on Media Reports. I did them for a long time (when there was less PR about C. diff.) so doubly appreciate what you are doing.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”