Awareness

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Awareness

Postby Suezer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:48 pm

I found a kind woman on myspace who will send you "Cure C Diff" bracelets to help spread awareness. I think someone affiliated with this site can do that also?

I msg'd this woman and she sent them out to me the next day.
Also if anyone else uses myspace and/or would like to add me,or would like to contact the woman with the bracelets,just send me a pm at this forum.

I would post my page url but I dont know if that is allowed.

Spreading awareness is very important!
Hoping for a cure.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:10 am

Hi Suezer! I'm sending you my URL to MySpace page. If anyone else would like to have it, please send me a PM. I'm also on facebook and recently added a friend there who is on here :-) It's always wonderful (for me) to be able to put a face to a name . It just gives you a more personal connection where you can learn more about the people you've shared this awful illness with. It's also a great way to see that C-Diff is not the only part of your life (even when it feels like it is).

Karen

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks Karen, I added you :)

I also got the ribbons from that nice lady and some bracelets. She also sent me an informational packet about C Diff, along with a Thank you/Get well card.
It really made my day, and now I have made a new friend.
There are small blessings in every day.

//Sue.
Hoping for a cure.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Here I am!!!!!!!!

Postby TheVike » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 pm

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Suezer. I added that lady to my friends and she's sending me some "Support C-Diff" wristbands on Tuesday. I offered a donation, but she wouldn't take it. She is such a kind woman. Thanks so much for telling me about her. I like the "cure c-diff" band you have on your page, so I decided to make my own and put it up. It's great that you're getting the word out in that venue. There are so many people on there!

It was good to see your face, and same goes to you, Vike!

Karen

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 am

We offered "Cure C. diff." bracelets for awhile but had few "takers." The gal who had the idea (& financed it) has since left the site.

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:29 am

Suezer,

Thanks so much for putting me in touch with the nice lady from MySpace. Packet arrived in mail yesterday. I also asked her if she had a PayPal account so I could donate to her efforts, but she declined. But her name and address is on the envelope, so I'm going to go ahead and send her a check to help defray her costs. Where it says "ILMO - Those Lost" - I assume it means In Loving Memory Of.

Unfortunately, the bracelets are too large for me as they don't have any stretch to them. My wrists have always been small, but since losing a third of my body weight, they're even smaller, only 5-1/2". Plus, I have no family to give them to. So if anyone would like one, e-mail me your name and address and I'll stick one in the mail to you. First 5 people to do it will get one.

I'd like to get a silver or gold bracelet engraved that says "Had C-Diff - No AB's Unless Dying" to wear in case I was unconscious or unable to speak in case of an emergency. I've seen people that wear bracelets that say Diabetic.

I don't have a MySpace account (a little too old for that), but I agree with Karen that it would be really nice to put a face to the names of the many nice people on this site that have taken their time to share their expertise and been so helpful to everyone so didn't feel so alone during this awful illness. Since can't do that, would be nice if everyone at least would put what city they are located in - just a suggestion.

Vike - loved your web site. Congrats on all you've achieved. One of my best friends from high school just retired from your exact same job in the Tampa Bay area in Florida.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 am

Oops - sorry - forgot to include what size the bracelets are so you will know if they will fit you or not so they're not wasted. They are 8" with just a little give in the rubber to get it on over your hand. They are blue with white lettering that say "Suppoort C-Diff Awareness" and "ILMO-Those Lost".

Again, have five available to send to anyone who wants one. Obviously, woould be best for anyone who has lost a loved one to this horrible disease.
Sandy

Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:16 pm

sks001 wrote:Suezer,

Thanks so much for putting me in touch with the nice lady from MySpace. Packet arrived in mail yesterday. I also asked her if she had a PayPal account so I could donate to her efforts, but she declined. But her name and address is on the envelope, so I'm going to go ahead and send her a check to help defray her costs. Where it says "ILMO - Those Lost" - I assume it means In Loving Memory Of.

You are quite welcome! Yes, it stands for "In Loving Memory Of"-those lost.

//Sue.
Hoping for a cure.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm

I also have a myspace page if anyone would like to add me just pm me and I will send you the URL to my page.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Heather. Just sent you my myspace url. I'm also on facebook so if anyone else would like to become a friend, please let me know. I'm really enjoying being able to see my friend's faces on here and read what they are sharing about who they are/their lives, etc!

Hugs to all,

Karen

Return to “Free Form Discussion”