Any smokers?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:14 am

Roy - Haven't seen any ads on any of all the stations on Cable TV. Will have to call the local Smoke Shop and see if they've heard of them. Will let you know.

But what's hilarious is the difference in language/lingo between US and UK (or any country). Article says "If you're one of thousands of smokers made to shiver outside when you want a fag, it seems help is on its way."

No, I don't want a fag (slang for queer or homosexual in US) ... here it would say a cig - ha ha.

This would be good to print out and send to Jay Leno for Monday Night Headlines.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:44 am

Roy - How ironic is this. Was browsing thru Craig's List and lo and behold someone had one of these electronic "fags" nee "cigs" for sale.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/904633450.html
Sandy

Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:19 am

I'm in Canada and recently my daughters boyfriend was telling me how he is going to be able to legally smoke in public again because he had found this new product that doesn't release the toxins or smoke in the air, I'm assuming it is the same thing you are speaking of. My reply to him was JUST QUIT SMOKING it's cheaper!!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”