Giardiasis

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
MaryT
Regular Contributor

Giardiasis

Postby MaryT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Anyone ever had this parasite and been successfully treated for it, and if so, what was the treatment?

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 am

Metronidazole is standard treatment but I don't think you necessarily have to take a prescription drug unless it really goes on and causes major problems. It often runs its course. How do I know this? My dog.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 pm

I can't take flagyl. I took it for cdiff originally but ended up with the numbness in my hands and legs. I think my doc feels it may be what is causing my long term problem.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Mary,

I suppose you can find testimonials for anything but I did a little looking around for natural rememdies. This could all be hocus pocus and deserves further investigation but read this testimonial. Does it not sound like something from this site? Strange. Maybe it is Giardia, worth looking into. What is the long term problem, btw?

http://www.sleepyhollowherbfarm.com/parasites.htm

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Thank you so much. The long term problem is the typical after effects of cdiff. IBS symptoms...or maybe IBS, but when my doctor found out my well periodically is testing for ecoli, he decided he would have me do a stool sample for bacteria and parasites.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi Mary,

I read a post of yours on another thread. You said Lactaid didn't work for you and supposed it could be because it has Mannitol in it. That prompted me to look on the ingredients of the lactaid products I have, both from CVS. One, the original formula, has Mannitol in it but the fast acting CVS Dairy Relief doesn't. Thought you might want to know that.

I just want to say that I had terrible lactose intollerance when I had 'IBS' from C-Diff. Well, after I had the transplant I no longer have it. I know, it makes no sense at all. It's supposed to be an enzyme problem. I was afraid to test it but had a glass of whole milk the other day thinking maybe aged cheeses don't really count - I did not have a problem. This illness is really strange. When you really get to the root of what's making you feel ill, maybe your lactose intollerance will subside, too.

I hope you figure things out and feel better soon.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Oooh...thank you very much! I will check out the CVS brand!

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 pm

when researching the KEFIR stuff it was anecdotal of course but i is supposed to knock out both GIARDIA and E Coli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”