yogurt for yeast infections

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Renee
New User

yogurt for yeast infections

Postby Renee » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 am

I am on a long term Vanco, and of course have a major yeast infection. After using the Terazol 3 for the 3 nights, 2 different times, and still having the problem, I decided to use organic plain yogurt. What is the easiest way to insert the yogurt...is there an applicator you can buy?

Not to sound ridiculous, but the yogurt is too thick for a larger eye dropper or a turkey baster...hmmmmm! I hope this last comment brought a little chuckle to those of you who need it.
Blessings on this wonderful Fall day.
Thank you,
Renee
Renee

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:12 pm

When I used yogurt for yeast infections, I diluted it with water until it was a good consistency to use. I found a special applicator in my drugstore, so you might ask there.

Renee
New User

yogurt & yeast infections

Postby Renee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:09 am

Nancy,
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, that makes sense. I didn't think of it that way. I will go to my drug store today.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my "turkey baster" remark, but some sense of humor is needed, as you all know.

And by the way, the yogurt seems to be working...it sure beats having to use another prescription drug of any kind.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Renee
Renee

Return to “Free Form Discussion”