any advice would be great

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
JenRenee5
New User

any advice would be great

Postby JenRenee5 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Well I think I have a cold or something. I'm really congested, my voice breaks in and out and i'm coughing a lot. Is there any over the counter stuff people have used for this that didn't irritate their stomach?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:51 pm

See the FAQ section under Infections for info about doing a saline rinse. I know, it sounds gross, but it helped me tremendously. It hurt so much that it made me cry the first time I tried it, but it was really worth it. My colds have been shorter since I learned this, from this site. The saline rinse is one of the only good things I got from having cdiff...

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Jen...bleh. Sorry you feel so awful. For me - they all upset my stomach, even 6 months after C Diff. Bobbie has some really good ideas posted under FAQ (I think?) for ways to soothe the sinuses without meds. Also, I always call my pharmacist - he's a chatty guy that doesnt mind listening to me ramble about my prior C Diff...lol. Yours may have some suggestions, knowing that you are recovering from the beast. Of course, call your doc if you think its more than a cold or gets worse. Feel better soon!
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

Return to “Free Form Discussion”