Hand gells

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
maryinflorida
Regular Contributor

Postby maryinflorida » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Thank the winos in the UK for doing every patient there a favor! Those hand gels give hospital personnel a false sense of security and help spread cdiff, mrsa and every other germ they don't kill.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Well, I think the US docs have caught onto that now, (the ones in my area) that the hand gel is not effective, but sure wish they'd discovered it quite some time ago.

It's sad about the deaths of the people who were drinking it. Alcholism is considered a disease that needs treatment, just like diabetes, etc. I lived with an alcoholic father who became very sick whenever he tried to stop cold turkey. He had the DT's really badly at times. It was sad and painful to watch. He died at 48. I'm only a year younger than that. Guess that's why I never liked the stuff, myself.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”