cataract surgery-- dumb question? lol

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
texaslady
New User

cataract surgery-- dumb question? lol

Postby texaslady » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Has anyone had cataract surgery after C diff? I know they put antibiotic drops in the eyes. Need I be worried about that?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm

I dont think so. I have put antibiotic drops in my ears and have been fine.

texaslady
New User

Postby texaslady » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks, I didn't think so, but you get a little paranoid with this stuff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:48 pm

texaslady,
Antibiotic eye drops have little absorption, but check with your doc.

I've had numerous eye infections & have asked for sulfa eye drops (altho. I'm supposed to be allergic to sulfa) because it supposedly one of the "safer" antibiotics. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.) Do discuss your concerns with your doc. & doublecheck with a pharmacist.

And, yes, C. diff. does make most of us paranoid about meds. -- with good reason.

texaslady
New User

cataract surgery

Postby texaslady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Just to let you know, I had both eyes done a week a part. I discussed the antibiotic with the doctor, he took my question seriously, said he had other patients with C diff and assured me the drops remained in the eyes, not absorbed in the rest of the body. Just in case anyone else is wondering lol.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”