Dandelion Root Tea

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
hilldk
Regular User

Dandelion Root Tea

Postby hilldk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 am

Have any of you tried dandelion root tea to promote good bacteria growth? I read about it in Prevention and wondered if anyone had tried it.

I'm tapering off Questran--when I go 3 days off, I have diarrhea then normal then diarrhea. I'm going to give up and call my doctor next week to get a stool sample tested. I've been on Questran only since the end of March and had no real problems, but I just can't get off of it completely. I'm wondering if it's IBS.

I may at least try the dandelion root tea--at this point, I still need all the good bacteria I can find.

Kristi

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:38 pm

hilldk,
Never hard of dadelion root tea. Probably worth a "shot"but think I'd check with someone knowledgeable at your local health food store & your doc. Also check Andrew Weil's website. It's listed in FAQ under Alternative Medicine.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”