Checking In

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Patti K
New User

Checking In

Postby Patti K » Sat May 26, 2007 10:02 pm

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've visited the site. How is everyone? I'm happy to report that I'm slowing overcoming the yeast monster that I've been dealing with for the past three years. Have had numerous other health problems - mostly age related - but none that have required antibiotics. Have to go to a urologist soon and I'm worried that I may be put on a low dose of macrodantin for 6 months. Is it still on the "safe to take" list?

Happiest news to report is that I'm going to be a grandmother again. Baby Grace Elizabeth is due in three weeks and I'm so looking forward to meeting her.

I hope this finds you all well and long term c.diff free!
Patti K

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:30 am

It's good to hear that you are beating the yeast monster. I just checked the FAQ section about antibiotics, and macrodantin (macrobid) is on the safe list. I know several folks here have taken it without problems. Still, I'd check with your doc about it, especially since you're going to be taking it for a while.

Congratulations on your granddaughter-to-be! I hope her birth goes smoothly and well for everyone.

I've been cdiff-free for 11 months!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”