Hormone Replacement - Vivelle Dot

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
MaryT
Regular Contributor

Hormone Replacement - Vivelle Dot

Postby MaryT » Wed May 23, 2007 4:20 pm

I have a question. I get sick with diarhea once a week. For about 6 weeks it was thursdays, not it seems to have switched to Mondays. My GI thinks it's low level cdiff. My celiac GI in Dr. Kelly's office doesn't.

Where it's once a week, I think it's very odd. I try to associate it with foods but can't. In February I started using the Vivelle dot for homone replacement (I have no ovaries). I am beginning to wonder it it's related to that. I replace the patch on Wed. and Sunday's usually. The manufacturer website does not mention diarrhea as a side effect, but Web MD does.

Has anyone else used this and if so, experienced diarrhea with it?

Just trying to figure things out here.

Thanks,

MaryT

Woman51960
Contributor

HRT

Postby Woman51960 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:46 pm

I have been off and on HRT treatments for 2 years now. Personally, I do feel they have some correlation to cdiff. When I start back on them, I start to experience cdiff symptoms all over again. I'll stay on them for awhile 2/3 months, then something tells me to get off them...I think when I get off them is when my symptoms start to get better. I just have horrible sweating, sleep problems, etc..when I don't take the HRT.

There are many on this website that have experienced cdiff around this phase of our lives. Not sure what the correlation is, but do suspect there is one.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:49 pm

See FAQ-Hormones. Who knows if there is a correlation? Docs. certainly don't.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:25 pm

I couldn't get to one of the links in FAQs, but I am not surprised at the possible effects of hormone levels on immunity. I tell my doctors all the time my body has never been the same since my hysterectomy 12 years ago...once I had that done my body just somehow went right out of wack. I stopped the hormones for a while last year...for almost 10 months...but given I have no ovaries, I couldn't take the side effects. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”