Medications

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Medications

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 23, 2007 1:23 pm

I recently had a profile done re. the several supplements I take & my script meds. I was very pleased. It was done by a group of pharmacists & contained these quotes. So true.

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

We never know as much as we think we know. - John C. Bailar III, MD, PhD

A poison in a small dose is a medicine, and a medicine in a large dose is a poison. -- Alfred Swaine Taylor, 19th century toxicologist

Also copied in FAQ-Medications.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Wed May 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Bobbie, Years ago I worked for a health care company that used to do what they called 'brown bag' sessions with local pharmacists. It was free and people would bring in all their medications (prescription and OTC) and have the pharmacist review them for interactions, etc. It was before the days when pharmacies had a lot of info online. It was amazing how often people were mixing drugs they shouldn't have been. We used to get a lot of seniors who would come in with a huge amount of medications. Which is basically what I'm coming to these days myself!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”