It's a start...

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

It's a start...

Postby Sheila1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:07 am

I saw my surgeon for my final surgical follow-up and the first he said was "did you get over your stuff?" and said he thought about me as he had another patient who went to a doc for a skin infection or something and took an antibiotic and landed in the hospital for 2 weeks with cdiff! I talked to him about the support site (he was amazed and glad to hear about it) and about the patient handout I'm making - they haven't seen many cases, but he said he would love to have some to give to patients when needed.

Hooray!!!!!! It's a start!

Now I just gotta get the thing done. I may take a couple vacation days the first week of May to just devote the hours needed to getting it finished.

Just wanted to share the good news with everyone. :)
~Sheila

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:12 pm

Sounds like a good idea, Sheila. Would you post "finished product" when you are done so maybe more of us can do the same thing. Or even use the same info. & get similar pamphlets made -- giving you credit as the author, however. Wonder if somehow we could do this as a group? The UK site is also distributing pamphlets but think everyone is doing their own. Will ask site founder.

Do be careful, however, as this is a litigious world! Double check your facts & if you quote any sources, be sure & get permission. Also the words, "approximately"& "many authorities agree" are vague & less "sueable."

Again, a great idea. Good for you!

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Bobbie, I intend to make it available to everyone. And to have some of you veterans review it, if you'll agree, before it's put out. I won't use my full name, only a contact address as I don't want credit, just want the info. out there. I'm willing to take the risk of a lawsuit because I think the good will far outweight any bad....but will also be cautious about wording and appreciate your suggestions especially. You will help review? :)

It's been on my mind and I have ideas already, just need to push myself to get it done, which I shall do shortly.

Question, if I cite a source like other official articles (ie. numbers and footnotes) do I still need their permission? I didn't think I did....
~Sheila

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Sheila,
This is a wonderful idea, but I wonder if hospitals & doc.'s offices will let you distribute it or put it out for people to see. I would check & see first. Might also call your state dept. of health.

I believe you have to get permission to quote anything --copyright laws -- but am not sure. Allison is more knowledgable about this than I am -- will ask her. I am PMing you some other info.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”