CINDYM IS BACK

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
cindym
Long Time Contributor

CINDYM IS BACK

Postby cindym » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:55 am

Well guys I am back. I have just been living a life of pure hell for the last few months with all the arthiritis (thank you cdiff) and the meds used to treat it. I am doing okay currently while going against doctors orders of course. Once again I am low on dosage of vanco and have had numerous scares but so far so good. I hold little faith in coming off and my doctor says I am stupid for trying after this length of time. He feels I am totally colonized with spores. I also have had kidney stones once again. You name it........it has happened. Then just as I am going to start posting again my dogs get sick from recalled dog food. I almost lost one of them (the one I am the closest to) and the other one was really sick too. Both have survived after spending $$$$$$$ to save them. Anyways, I am once again back and will be posting.
Cindy

mugyver
New User

Postby mugyver » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:02 am

I'm very sorry to hear all of that, but your handling the situation which is good.

As far as the dog food is concerned, my girlfriend is a major animal entusiast and is actually one of the moderators on the classiccresteds.com forum which is a really big forum in the chinese crested world, so I'm always up on the whole dog food scare.

So as far as that goes, you should try to find a food that is not made in a plant that other things are made. A good food you can get is called merrick. It's not the cheapest thing, but so far the dogs love it and its all natural etc., and they have their own plants so no worries on the poisoning.

I hope both you and your kids (pups) are doing well and get better, as from how I feel, having the pets around can make the stress of having cdiff a bit more bearable.

I wish you all the best.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 am

Have not heard of that food and will check it out. I have two 85 pounders so the expense might be excessive. Not only that but the Australian Shepherd has a very sensitive stomach and all he has ever been able to eat without problem was PurinaOne. The thing that got them was the Alpo that the German Shepherd requires are will NOT eat. Now I am having to boil chicken to go into their food........YUCK! They are worth it though! If it had not been for the Australian Shepherd I would have died about 5 years ago.......he was my salvation and continues to be to this day. He is completely obedience trained and people think it in uncanny how he understands anything I tell him. Human like---it is kinda weird but wonderful.
Cindy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:48 am

You don't know how glad I am that you are back!!!!!!!!!!

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Welcome back Cindy! We all missed you. So sorry to hear about your pups, but glad that they are recovering. I too have spent $$$$$$ on my pups in the past, one of them was my canine soul-mate, and you know how that goes. I have one little old gal still with me and she turned sweet 16 this past week, and still hanging in there with a few health issues.

How is your pulse/tapering dosing going? Where are you now on the dosing?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Welcome back, Cindy.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Welcome back Cindy :):)!!!!!

jennie
Regular Contributor

Postby jennie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:00 am

Dear CindyM - Welcome back! I did not know what had happened, why you were not posting. I have been concerned about you, am so glad to know you are okay.

This business with the dog food, it has happened here too, pets have died, and the product has been recalled. Too terrible that this is allowed to happen in the first place.

Hope you are all doing fine.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:03 am

Nancy- Pulsing did not work for me EVER so now I am tapering very slowly and currently at two per day again. The problem that I am having is knowing the difference in symptoms from cdiff and symptoms from arthiritis meds. Geez- will it ever end? The doctors are too afraid for me not to act on symptoms due to the violent nature of my case of cdiff. It has nearly taken me out on several occasions and docs do not want me to go there again fearing the worst. I am hanging in there and doing what I do best...........TRYING!
Cindy

GeminiMom
Brand New Poster

Postby GeminiMom » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:12 am

I am so sorry to hear of everone's pain, it is so awful.. Question??? Can they tell about c diff and IBS, etc and any realted things just from a colonscopy???
Thanks,
Janet

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:15 am

Cindy- This slow taper might just be the thing that does it for you. How slow a taper are you trying? What I mean is how long at each stage before dropping down a pill or pill dose?

No I guess it never ends. I’m sure it is hard trying to decide between cdiff pain and arthritis pain. I have arthritis in my back and one hip, so I can sympathize. But with your history I can see why the docs want you to act on your symptoms. Hang in there girl!

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:07 pm

Cindy - meant to post to you last night but was so tired I could hardly type.

Welcome Back!

We have really missed you here.

Am really sorry to hear about the dogs, but glad they're doing better. We have an Aussie too. She's a good dog. Also glad to hear that your c-diff wasn't getting worse, but that it was just the kidney stones. That must have been painful. I bet it was a tremendous relief once they'd passed.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes! Things just seem to keep happening here. I am now dealing with upper respiratory issues and coughing my stupid head off. This is after going to hospital for problems with arthiritis meds causing chest pains. Geez-----------if the wind ever shifts from my house I will be one happy camper! The dogs are fine now and back to their normal happy selves.

Lauren- The aussie is the smartest dog we have ever owned and he is near human-like in his capabilities and understanding. Minds better than either one of my kids EVER DID! He truly would make a tremendous therapy dog if his owner would ever get her life straightened out healthwise to be able to take him!

On count down for welcoming new grandchild in to the world--------A GIRL which I am very excited about! I have 4 wonderful grandsons and have been dying for a little girl. May 25th is the big day!
Cindy

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:54 pm

Cindy - congrats on the granddaughter. That will be exciting.

One other thing I love about our Aussie - when she barks, she is one scary animal. Only her owners (and friends) know that if you continue to approach, she'll back off in a hurry. One big, mushy chicken in a scary package. She really makes me laugh.

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:29 am

Cindy, sorry you are not feeling well. Hopefully this will pass soon. Glad to hear that your dogs are all doing well now. They are special family members, for sure.

Congratulations Cindy on the pending birth of your new granddaughter! How exciting for you and your family. Now you can buy pink things!

My granddaughter came after 3 grandsons (from another daughter). My daughter with the little girl has never been a girly-girl herself and said not a lot of pink frilly things for her. I tried, but after buying so much blue, this grandma could not resist! Now my little granddaughter is going to have a sibling, but don’t know yet if it is a boy or girl.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”