Up late and additonal questions

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
mugyver
New User

Up late and additonal questions

Postby mugyver » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:49 am

I have a few questions that I didn't really feel had a section.

1. I work nights and was wondering if anyone else is up late?

2. is anyone in their early 20's dealing with this?

3. is anyone taking adhd drugs such as mthyln (methylphenidate IE ritalin).

4. I know narcotics are a bad thing and I have stayed away from taking my tylenol #3 with codeine, but I was wondering what the possible effects of marijana would be.

Yes, I used to smoke it every so often, though since things have started I have stayed away from it, but my friends still smoke on occasion and I am around it.

I'm aware that it's illegal, but right now I'm more worried about its possible adverse effects on me by being around it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:15 pm

I'm often up late -- insomnia.
Yes, others in their 20's are dealing with this.
Don't know about the medicine you mentioned or marijuana. Doubt if it would affect your C. diff.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:32 pm

I would think the marijana would make you alot more relaxed about having c-diff?? I don't know anything about it though.

mugyver
New User

Postby mugyver » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:00 am

I dunno, i've already given up cigarettes, and now alcohol, might as well give that up to.

Waldog
Regular User

Postby Waldog » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Well marijuana is proven to eliminate nausea and mild pain in cancer patients. It has also been proven to treat of symptoms associated with many other types of diseases.

The biggest is of all of these symptoms is nausea. Many people here who have C. Diff seem to have nausea as some point. I myself experienced it while on Flagyl.

I would say if you are experiencing any of the associated aches and pains (back and abdomen seem to be the effected area) and nausea on any level, which the marijuana would only help.

It has also been proven that you are at much less risk for lung cancer than smoking regular cigarettes since they are loaded with carcinogens. Actually the studies have shown it pretty much never causes lung cancer.

Contrary to popular belief, marijuana can be very beneficial medically.

Of course this forum does not deal with these issues as C. Diff as a rule would not be something a Dr. would prescribe or recommend offline to use in order to treat.

Never the less, I personally believe it is much mostly harmless when compared to the other man made drugs out there, including some prescription drugs.

There are plenty of areas to read about the positive medical and environmental benefits of marijuana on the internet.
-Waldog

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:46 am

If I thought marijana was the answer I would be looking for a dealer right now! Geez-------and I am an old woman! LOL
Cindy

mugyver
New User

Postby mugyver » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:13 am

I will say, I did it once while I had the cdiff, but before I was dx and before I was on a med. The symptoms also weren't as bad yet, and I can say that it did in fact lessen the urgency until I went to sleep.

I dunno, this whole thing is really annoying.

I'm like a straight edge red meat vegetarian now.

Which is pretty much the complete opposite of what I was.

I'm just scared of comming off the vanco in a week. Cause when I came off the flagyl, I felt sick again within 24 hours. And I know I have to wait 2 weeks before getting tested etc, plus I don't want to have to go through a night of hell before I'm able to get the vanco and then days of it it before the vanco helps the symptoms.

Hey, did I read on here recently that immodium was ok to take? Or is that only if your not testing positive?

Return to “Free Form Discussion”