bill to restrict compounding pharmacies..

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
desert
New User

bill to restrict compounding pharmacies..

Postby desert » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 am

http://www.iacprx.org/site/PageServer?p ... Alert_P2C2

hi,
haven't found this yet anywhere so thought i'd offer the URL.

there go BHRTs! unless...

this was in the email i got from Compound Pharmacy (compounder.com)

"When giant drug company Wyeth petitioned the FDA last year to stop compounding pharmacies from making bioidentical (natural) hormones, the FDA received tens of thousands of letters, e-mails and phone calls from women and health care professionals saying, "Don't even try to take away natural hormones!" (Can you imagine a million menopausal women marching on Washington?) That thinly veiled attempt at destroying the competition was tabled."

love the million-menopausal-march idea :)
elizabeth
buckle up.
makes it harder for the aliens
to snatch you from your car.

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:24 am

Interesting. I tried these hormones for several months before my surgery and they didn't do a single thing for me. We tried all kinds of different doses, in both the cream and capsules, etc. but alas, I saw no difference at all in the length or severity of my hot flashes. I finally gave up and went to my GYN doc to get the old fashioned kind and ended up having emergency hysterectomy and went on the estrogen patches. The patches work great! :) I'm trying to 'wean' myself down on the strength of the patches hoping to wean the hot flashes down....don't know if it's medically possible but it's worth a try, I really hate to stay on them, being fully aware of possible complications and a smoker.

(stop with any smoking lectures, I already know. And the good news is I have a prescription for Chantix, the new stop-smoking med., filled and ready to begin - soon as my stomach quits all the wierd stuff left over from cdiff..... wish me - not luck - but determination!)
~Sheila

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:26 am

p.s. the million-menopausal-march is absolutely hilarious - can't you just imagine it!!??
~Sheila

desert
New User

compounding is far more then BHRT

Postby desert » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:18 am

million hormonal women? bet that would make legislators open their doors with a "blank check" and souvenir pen for anything :)

actually compounding pharmacies do way more than the menopausal thing. it is the "real" pharmacy. it's where specific drugs can be offered in specific quantities to individuals, special compounding for palliative, to compound drugs not available anymore as a specific "name".

http://www.thecompounder.com/cataloglanding.php

this tells all about compounding and i think anyone who studies about medications/supplements might get something out of reading about it.

million menopausal women... gee i love that!

elizabeth
buckle up.

makes it harder for the aliens

to snatch you from your car.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”