Checking In

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
jj1949
New User

Checking In

Postby jj1949 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:38 pm

I haven't posted for quite some time but wanted to one say Hello, other to report my latest findings. Cindy, Bobbie, supersmurf, sheila I did have my rhuematologist appt with a diagosis of Rhuematoid arthritis + severe degenerative disc disease in both my cervial and lumber locations. Upper cervical is frozen in three vertabrae. Here all along I was concerned about the arthritic hands that began to bother after my bout with c.diff. Well, everything seems to have escalated but the joke of the day was after my last test for c.diff that came back negative the GI recommended I read this book by whoever for answers that evidentially they can't answer. No more rechecks unless I push for them so I guess I'm stuck now with IBS-D (thanks c.diff) for all that you have done for me. I'm on many different drugs right now for pain and muscle spasms, actually some are supposed to cause constipation which hasn't happened yet. Still am having bouts of the big "D" generally up to 6x a day and have now become incontinent. Seems I can't move fast enough. I am still thankful for many things in life, just have to learn to live a different way. Hope all is well with everyone... Please take care, Jane

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Jane,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems. You know that there are many false negative test results with cdiff, yes? I'm thinking that with so much D, you may still have cdiff. You might want to push for a retest and/or see another doc.

Another thought I have for you: two of my friends are seeing chiropractors and like them. (I have never seen one, so don't have any personal experience.) One has severe disc disease. She was incapacitated, couldn't work, couldn't sleep due to the pain. She has been seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week for almost a month, is slowly getting better, and is now finally able to sleep. Maybe this might help you? Of course, I'm not a doc so this is only my guess.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”