Leaving Today

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Christina
Long Time Contributor

Leaving Today

Postby Christina » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:39 am

I will be leaving today for Boston and will not be back until a week from Saturday. I have had stomach issues for a couple of weeks now so I have turned in samples awaiting results although I don't believe it is c-diff(not yet anyway). I will be seeing my Dr. on Monday and then Tuesday he will do a colonoscopy and endoscopy to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Can't wait!
Anyway, I'll have my laptop to check on the site and if you feel like sending emails I'll answer. I have a feeling I'm going to be lonely as I'm not to happy about having to leave the kids for so long. But I need to get to the bottom of this.
Please keep your fingers crossed as I'm a tiny bit nervous.

Wishing all of you a healthy week.

Christina

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:10 am

Christina, sorry to hear you are having problems to the extent you need to leave the kids and return here to Boston. Keep me posted on how you are doing. I've been having problems myself and thought I was going to end up back on Xifaxan...but after a week and a half they seem to be settling down so I'm wondering if it was a touch of the stomach bug every one else in my family has had. I'll be thinking of you.

Mary

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 pm

Christina,
Good luck in Boston. I'm sure you were hoping that you didn't have to go back there again. It's lousy that you've been having so many problems. I really hope it is nothing serious, and of course I hope it's not cdiff. All my fingers and toes are crossed! I'm sending you lots of warm wishes and hugs.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Good Luck Christina, I am sure that everything will be fine. Let us know how you are doing.

Heather
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Christina,
Another bunch of "good wishes."

After I posted you the other day, I remembered I had a long bout (over a month) with what appeared to be C. diff. about l8 months ago. I was concerned but hadn't been on an antibiotic for a long time. Had all the tests -- everything OK. Evidently, it was IBS altho. mine doesn't usually last that long -- usually bad days, good days. Here's hoping the same for you.

Safe trip. Keep us posted.

prairierose
Contributor

Postby prairierose » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:52 am

Christina,
Wishing you good luck and good health. I've been having a bad month as well and may be going in for the colonoscopy in February.
Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you.
Best wishes,

Prairierose
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:01 pm

prairie rose,
Still problems after 2 infusions? What method did they use? Thought you had IBS -- not C. diff. Would have this checked out, however, as it will help your peace of mind.

prairierose
Contributor

Postby prairierose » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Bobbie,
I think they want to rule out IBD. Infusions were done with enema bag.
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:26 am

Prairie Rose,
That method is supposed to be the most effective. You probably have IBS but best to check it out if you are concerned. C. diff. "does a number" on your gut, & many don't return to "normal" for aawhile while some have IBS for a long time. Difficult to live with but better than C. diff.

Wouldn't worry much about IBD. I'm not in the medical field so don't know if there is a correlation, but very few on the site have developed IBD after C. diff. (2 or 3) & have been co-moderating for 6 to 7 yrs. Again, just from a layperson's perspective.

In my case, I've found the best way to handle IBS is to ignore it except on the worst days when I use a heating pad & try to avoid possible offending foods. Otherwise, "Everything in moderation; nothing to excess."

Good luck.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

cool

Postby whitepine » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:27 am

I hope you have a nice trip Christina. You will be okay. I just know it, you have already survived so much, and you have an excellent doctor, so you will get some answers. We are all here for you for support anytime!
Wishing you a good trip, and sending hugs, :)
Let us know how things turn out okay.
Stay strong! Brave warrior that you are! :)

negroni
Regular User

your in my prayers and thoughts

Postby negroni » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:06 am

Hey Christina,I sure hope this week flys by for you. I have every reason to believe you will have a favorable outcome.Keep your head up and thanks for all your help on my end, I sure appreaciate you, and I think I speak for everyone on this sight when I say, you are an angel :) Doris

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Christina- Email me when you get back! Hope things go okay. I did relapse! Of course on the weekend so had to go back on the vanco or go to ER (which I would rather die). Keep me posted.
Cindy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. This really stinks and I'm home sick already. Had my appointment today which went well. My toxin test from last week was negative and my symptoms are ever so slowly improving. We're going forward tomorrow w/ the colonscopy and endoscopy and if all is normal we went over a list of 4 meds. I'll be taking. Two on a regular basis and two on an as needed basis. I can't believe how c-diff has screwed up my entire digest tract. It disgusts me. I never took any meds prior to this and now I'll be on so many. This damn thing does not want me to forget it that's for sure.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Christina Im so glad your test was neg. Good luck with the tests. Going ahead with them is a good idea at least you can put your mind to ease. Call me or write and let me know what you find out and your plan.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Christina,
AMEN. C. diff. has screwed up my life in so many ways! I was 52 when I lst got it & didn't take any meds. except for a multi-vitamin. Not now! Again, good luck.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”