To Amanda

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Nancy1
Administrator

To Amanda

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:31 am

I just read your case history. Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Many docs are not familiar with recurrent cdiff and that means that we have to fight to get them to believe us. What helped me with my ID doc, who was at least open to discussing my case (while my previous doc -- GI -- threw up his hands and quit on me after I had 3 relapses), was to bring in references to medical articles that I found on this site. I think docs respect reports in medical journals way more than they trust us patients! I just posted in the Media section a link to an article from the Canadian Journal of Infectious Disease and Medical Microbiology that xroxer found, so you can check that out. It talks about how difficult it is to treat recurrent cdiff, among many other topics.

Another suggestion I have is that perhaps your vanco dose is too low. I took 250 mg 4/day. Talk to your doc about this. Good luck. You will beat this. Everyone eventually does.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”