Tomorrow..what will we find?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
jj1949
New User

Tomorrow..what will we find?

Postby jj1949 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:17 am

I haven't posted for a while but have been keeping up with the site none the less. My colonoscopy is finally tomorrow after this long two week wait of not knowing anything for sure. I was rechecked for c.diff, tests came back negative but I'm really in doubt. I am continuing with an average of 6-8 movements a day, usually water, mucus and yesterday some blood. As terrible as this sounds I hope they will find something so I'm properly treated. Bobby, Cindy all of you have been a great support and please know that through all of your efforts your information has given us all a sounding board and also one of listening that I for one am totally grateful for. Never thought I'd look forward to a scope but need this done. All take care, keep the faith and I'll get back to you soon.

supersmurf
Contributor

Postby supersmurf » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get the treatment you need and have a speedy recovery from whatever is causing your GI problems.

Supersmurf

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:49 pm

jj1949,
Hope you get some answers from the scope. (Also hope you've been off Vanco. and/or Flagyl for 10 to 14 days beforehand to get the most accurate results.)

Sometimes biopsies are helpful. Discuss them with your GI. Also, other testing should also be done when you are off Vano./Flagl for 10 to 14 days. See FAQ-Tests. Use sterile container; 3-day tests best. As you know, there are many false negatives in C. diff. -- one reason for doctors' disbelief you might still have C. diff. If results are negative, discuss possiblity of IBS with GI.

Thx. for the thanks on the web site. We appreciate it.

Good luck tomorrow.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”