To Bobbie

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
jennie
Regular Contributor

To Bobbie

Postby jennie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 pm

Hope this finds you feeling a lot better. The Humour section was you, in full form, unsurpassed. Great laughs, thanks. Wanted to tell you, have been taking some mannose past few days, it is good stuff. Would you had linked up with there, to remind you, they can ship. I truly believe theirs is the purest, best form of it. All birchwood, all of the time.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:42 am

Thx., Jennie, for your concern. I feel better and have been off the Zpak for a week now. Some bad days but haven't been tested yet. Will WWW (wait, watch, worry). I went back to aerobics for the first time today and got through the routines without a problem altho. exhausted at the end. First time I have been in a month.

I haven't tried the D. Mannose yet and haven't been back to the urologist -- too busy with the trip and then pneumonia.

Thanks again for your concern. Hope you finally have your C. diff. under control.

jennie
Regular Contributor

Postby jennie » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Bobbie, it is astonishing, you back at the gym, one week later. Would I could take a leaf from your book. It must be that you are super fit that you are able to bounce back. What is a Zpak, it is a non-antibiotic?

And reading from the Waterfall D-Mannose, 100% bio-active: it says, "take 1 heaped teaspoon in water, tea, or fruit juice (not cranberry or orange) at onset of symptoms, or as soon as possible. Take another 1 hour later.. then take a level teaspoon every 3 hours until symptoms are alleviated. Reduce to 3 times a day for the next 3 days.. if no relief is found within 2 - 24 hours, consult a doctor. The preventative dose is once per day, or as required." Safe for children and babies, reduce dose level according to age. What is does: "flushes away infections naturally and prevents re-infection... sweet relief from cystitis and UTIs. 100% pure, no buffers, fillers, colors or preservatives.. flushes away e.coli and klebisiella related kidney, bladder and UTIs. Also brings relief to IC and PBS, in most case quickly relieves frequent and painful urnination."

Honestly, it works unbelievably well. In fact, so well, I feel again it is flushing out my meds, because the pain comes back too quickly again. And not that mine is a UTI, but when my belly swells, need to pee, like rush, and this irritation of having to get up in the night. And a day or 2 of mannose, and it gets better, not yet 100%, but an improvement, no doubt about it, and having been this way for weeks now.

Overall, Vanco was better, Xifaxan does not cover all bases. In answer to your question, it is about controlling it, and one month left of 2006, and we so hoped last December that there would be a cure this year. Xifaxan does good, worth trying, and it all depends on whether the particular strain responds to it. Luck of the draw. But there is hope that it can work. Am waiting to be sure about it before I post, it really is very individual. Mannose, though, I would say is fabulous. It must be detoxing, one simply feels clearer, eyes, skin show it. Guess the same as what an aerobics class does, in smaller doses. Oh, its larchwood, not birchwood. www.waterfall-d-mannose.com Sweet Cures of York, UK. Best wishes to you.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:44 am

Jennie,
No, I was sick for a month before I went back to aerobics. No way could I have done the routines earlier -- I could barely walk across the room. When I got home last night, I was exhausted. I have had pneunonia 3 times before, but I am older this time, and age isn't kind. I have problems with asthma with I have a resp. infection, and aerobics helps open up your airways -- also have circulation problems which it helps.

A Zpak is Zithromax. See FAQ-Antibiotics. It's "middle of the road" in causing C. diff. altho. one article (can't remember the source) says it affects the GI tract less. You take it for five days, but it stays in your body 10 days -- thus 5 days less it going through the GI tract.

Had problems with it at first and got all testing supplies. Then problems seem to calm down, but I'm not overly optimistic with my history. I'm taking Imodium and VSL3. Since C. diff. left me with IBS, it's difficult to tell the difference sometimes which is why I "made up" the Three Day Rule.

Pulmo. wanted to put me on Avalox -- also middle of road chance of C. diff. but I called pharmacies, and pharmacists said it it closely related to Levaquin -- which caused my last bout of C. diff. so I called back and suggested a Zpak. Nothing like prescribing for yourself.

Thx. for info. on D. Mannoose. You've had C. diff. over 2 yrs. now, right? WWW is the pits.

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:44 am

How are you doing Bobbie?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:09 pm

unhappystomach,
Off Zpak for one month tomorrow and holding. Have problems off and on but so far following Three Day Rule as I have IBS. Problems might be due to not watching diet. Went to a Xmas party yesterday and had wine and chocolate -- two "no no.'s" but too good to pass up. Have testing supplies on hand if I need them, but with my luck will probably have problems at Christmas when labs are closed.

Thx. for asking. Hope you are doing better.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”