Thanksgiving

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Nancy1
Administrator

Thanksgiving

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:16 pm

My husband and I leave tomorrow for WV to help my mom move into assisted living. We will basically be gone all month. So I won't be here for Thanksgiving. I thought it might help us all if we think about what we are still thankful for, even with having cdiff. For me, it is: this site; friends and family who have been helpful; being recovered from cdiff; my ID doc; vanco; being able to exercise; being still alive; my grandchildren; hope for a cure for recurrent cdiff. What's your list?

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm

Nancy- Have a good trip and I hope emotionally it will not be that hard on you! As for everything I am thankful for.........there are too many to list. Cdiff has truly made me view life differently and I am thankful for each and every good day I have.
Cindy

Lana
Contributor

Postby Lana » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:41 am

C-diff and loss of my baby have made me view life differently as well. I am thankful for getting to know wonderful friends who help me through this, compassionate doctors and nurses, my husband, my mother, my job. I view each child as a miracle worthy of respect and admiration. I love the plants and trees, a sunny day with a nice breeze blowing, the first morning chilll. I basically have a greater appreciation for all of the same things I had before this.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:09 am

Nancy I wish you a a very Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip.
The things I am thankful for: My family and friends who have supported me through my nightmare thus far, my GI doc who has never let me down no matter how crazy things get, being alive, being able to enjoy my children and being able to watch them grow.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”