Doctors DO NOT educate

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
angelmom
Contributor

Doctors DO NOT educate

Postby angelmom » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:10 pm

By chance I was talking to a friend I had not talked to in a while. When I mentioned battling c diff, he said, "My mom has that right now- it's bad". She is incapacitated. I told him it is contageous and he said the doctors had told him NOTHING about spores or the fact that he could catch it. He has to help change her diapers and catheterize her. What is wrong with these doctors. She is still at home. They told him nothing about acidolpholous or yogurt, etc, either. I guess they figure his mother is dieing.
I get SOOOOOOO discusted!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:24 pm

angelmom- Welcome to the world of cdiff!!!!!!! That is why we are constantly crusading and trying to make this disease known. I talk to every pharamacist I meet about the necessity of advising people to take acidophilus and eat yogurt while on antibiotics. I also send emails, letters, make phone calls etc to media, tv personalities etc. constantly. One day someone IMPORTANT will get this horrid condition and then it will take off and get the recognition we hope for. Meanwhile............spread the word!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”