success story

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
angelmom
Contributor

success story

Postby angelmom » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:57 pm

I had a heck of a time getting back in this site. This is not the first time I tried to post, but I guess the new computer and forgotten password did not help.
I am scared of jinxing myself by posting a success story! I also had a few stomach pains the last couple days, but no D! But, I think once you have had c diff, you are forever scared!
I have been c diff free....knock on wood......for about 6 months now. I was VERY lucky to kick it with one dose of Flagyl. Considering I was also fighting a MRSA staph infection with bacteria that kept rared up on top of a rare disease that required IV infusions every 2 weeks, I was elated. I was holding my breath for the big D to reappear. It has not. And, the colonoscopy showed an inflamed, swollen colon, so I was praying it would not come back and cause more damage.
But, I followed everything people suggested--no sugar, yogurt, kefur, a very restrictive diet and Floragen. I also "cleaned out: twice for colonoscopy. (first time did not work soon enough). After the colonoscopy, and with my GI docs approval, I went home and did a "Floragen enema". I was not crazy about that part, but having chronic disrrhea and upset stomach was even more unappealing. I repeatred the Floragen enema 3 days later.Voila.......I have had no more problems. I continued to take the Florajen for at least a month and still take it in a smaller dose. I have gained weight :( haha. After the negative c diff test and my stomach started allowing, I ATE!!!!!
I still cannot say i am a ball of fire energywise, but I also had MRSA and have a rare disease that i battle, so who knows what to blame the low energy on. But, pooping "normal" (for me) was a true blessing.
Linda

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:27 pm

Congrats angelmom and hopefully you have conquered this beast. Some of us are not so fortunate. I am in my 5th year!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”