Looks like.

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
gwhite
Brand New Poster

Looks like.

Postby gwhite » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Looks like someone may be starting to listen. Cdiff is in the news again here in the U.K. The media seem to be getting the grasp of whats going on with c-diff, both in the United States and across Europe. Media are actually beginning to contact us the sufferers, victims and families of, c-diff, its hard sometimes to keep going when no-one seems to be listening, I know, but keeping the momentum going is everything.

Kind regards to all

Gail

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi. I know you are a poster on the UK website. Glad C. diff. is making the news in the UK. We get a lot in the media here, too, but it is "spotty." Yet, when we had an epidemic of E. coli in fresh spinach, the medial was "all over it." I'm not negating the scare, but oh, if we could get that kind of coverage with C. diff.!

We did a "google alert" so receive most new info. -- including cases in the UK. See Media Reports.

My son lives in the UK, & we are visiting in 2 wks. Hope to meet Graziella. She (& her brother) set up a great site & how it has grown! I think I remember reading your lost your mother to C. diff. I am so sorry.

I've had the disease twice (once for 4 yrs.), & my son had it twice many years before I did. He developed it the first in l979 -- when no one (including most docs.) knew about it. He was the youngest & l of the 1st people on oral Vancocin. Prior to that time, it was strictly an IV medication.

Thx. for posting. Hopefully, we can all work together & get more done about this awful disease.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”