A Good Experience with the Medical Profession

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

A Good Experience with the Medical Profession

Postby Bobbie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm gone thru a battery of tests (again) this summer & vowed I would not see another doc. if I could possibly help it. Never say never!

About 4 wks. ago I developed a strange bump on my arm -- looked like a wart. It became larger daily & then turned red and then black. I had to eat my words & call a dermotologist. Of course, he couldn't see me for four weeks. Last Thurs., the bump looked particularly ugly so I called & talked to the derm's scheduler. When I described the "bump," she said we'll get you in tomorrow. I was there at 10:00 AM & he lazered it off -- doesn't think it's cancer, but did a biopsy. I told everyone in the office (including the doc) how grateful I was that this woman had the empathy to spare me weeks of worry!

If you aren't getting in fast enough to see your doc., try again. You might get someone who cares!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 pm

bobbie- We might think of starting a new topic entitled "Good Experiences with Doctors!"--------Somehow I doubt we would ever have to lock it and make room for new postings!........You were due some good luck so I am glad things went well. I pray one day to have something similar to post!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”