back to West Virginia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Nancy1
Administrator

back to West Virginia

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:27 pm

We're off to West Virginia tomorrow to help my mom clean out her house. Since my dad died and my sister died, she has no family there. She is planning to move into assisted living with her sister in Chicago. Thankfully, my cdiff is doing well. I am now at 49 days off of vanco and keeping all fingers crossed. Hugs and healing to you all.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Congrats on your 49 days.

I know it will be a hard time for you trying to clean the house out, but you will be a source of strength for your mother. I hope you take the Vanco with you, but you won't need it! Keep up the good work.

Hugs to you as well ((((((((((Nancy))))))))))).
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:45 pm

Good luck, Nancy. Did the same thing for my mother four years ago, and it wasn't fun! Who will do this for us?

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 am

Nancy- Had to do that myself several years back and it was totally one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Of course, it was after losing both my Mom and Dad and I had to liquidate everything after Mom died. It was rough. I kept things I should have gotten rid of and got rid of things I wish I had kept. I was forced to act fast because she was in TX and I was in SC and I had a teenager at home at the time giving us problems. It was a horrible time in my life. Our thoughts will be with you.......take care and hurry back!
Cindy

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes. My mom has sooo much stuff, and she wants to look at everything (photos, newspaper articles, letters, on and on) before deciding about it. It's tremendously slow. My husband got a cold and didn't go, and then I got a cold there. So we will have to go back in Sep, Oct, and maybe even Nov. Next to my daughter dying, this has been the hardest time in my life. Of course cdiff hasn't helped. Thankfully it didn't act up there and I am now on day 58 off of vanco, yay.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 am

Nancy,
Welcome back. You've had a terrible year with the losses of your father & sister & your illness. Don't envy you your mother's move. I've never recovered from moving my mother from MT to KS, and that was four years ago!

It does sound, however, as though you are beating "the Beast." Fingers crossed!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 pm

We're off to WV again tomorrow. There will be a service for my sister, and we hope to help my mom some more with cleaning out her house. That is, if she is emotionally and physically up to doing that at all. Travelling now scares me, because who knows what diseases I might be exposed to by breathing all the recycled air in airplanes, and I tend to get D when I travel, but there is no choice. So I cross my fingers and toes and go.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:45 am

Nancy,
Good luck. Think I told you about the air purifier I wear when I travel -- have no idea if it does any good. If anyone near you seems sick, change your seat if possible. Keep well hydrated. Since you can't take water on the plane, call ahead & make sure the airline supplies it. I read one place you shouldn't drink coffee made on the plane, but I do.

D. . . C. diff. even screws up our plane trips!

Fingers & toes crossed for you!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:03 am

Good luck Nancy and have a safe trip!
Cindy

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:56 am

Hi, friends.

Thanks for all your good wishes. If it hadn't been for the help from you folks back in January, I would have been too scared to go to WV ever again. Now I've been 5 times this year. We survived this latest trip (however, the guy next to me on the airplane yesterday kept snuffling and blowing his nose, and there were very few extra seats; I kept fearing that if I changed seats, I might be beside a sneezer and cougher). In WV it was terribly sad and emotionally I was a mess and my mom was a mess, because of my sister's service. I miss her so much. My little sister was never supposed to die before me!! Once I get my mom settled in assisted living (hopefully in Oct) I am going to find a grief counselor, as this helped me a lot when my daughter died. Big hugs and good luck in kicking cdiff to all of you here.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Welcome back Nancy! Glad you have all that behind you as I know it was horrible. To lose a loved one is devastating and seeing a counselor is a smart move!
Cindy

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:01 pm

Welcome home, Nancy. You've had a horrible year. Hope the worst is over. Again, condolences on your sister's death. Life sometimes consists of one loss after another. I am so glad you have your grandchildren!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 pm

We leave on another trip tomorrow, but I didn't want to start a new topic. For the first time since I've had cdiff, my husband and I are going on a vacation together. To Portugal, if you can believe it (I'm not sure that I do)! This is the last of the trips that we booked after I retired and before I got cdiff last fall; all the others had to be cancelled. As usual, I'm scared to travel, scared that I'll retrigger cdiff, but if we don't take vacations, the cdiff wins, yes? So I'll be very careful about what I eat and drink, and as always will take lots of vanco with me. I'll miss you all. Kick cdiff while I'm gone, okay?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Nancy,
Good for you!! Go and have a good time you (and your husband) deserve it. Dont let CDiff or anything else stop you from living your life and having a good time!!! I hope that you have a wonderful trip. Have fun!!

Heather
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Nancy,
Have a great time.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”