Inotropic Support - Any information??

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
orlaith
New User

Inotropic Support - Any information??

Postby orlaith » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Can anyone explain to me in laymans terms what exactly is involved in Inotropic Support, when it is used etc..
I believe it is used to raise blood pressure when it is very low, as was Mum's, I think due to the septicaemia, is this correct??
I have my meeting with Mum's Consultant next week so I am trying to be as 'up to speed' with everything as I can!

Inotropic Support is mentioned in the Doctors notes in Mum's file, but only to say 'will review need for inotropic support, not indicated at present', I want to ascertain if they were stalling or not, and should they have given it to her then? Mum was dead 24 hours later!

Again, any help appreciated!
Thanks, Orlaith.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 am

Orlaith,
This is a site for C. diff. We understand your anguish about your mother's death but don't have the resources to help you interpret her medical records.

See one of the medical sites listed in announcments: www.webmed.com, www.mayoclinic.com and www.medscape.com. Another good source is Wikipedia (a free online encyclopedia) which has info. on medical terms, meds., & treatment. See www.wikipedia.org. Also, you can "google" most of the medical terminology & get a brief explanation.

Again, our sympathy about your mother.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”